Solved! Do I need special anti virus for a netbook or ...?

allenpaul75

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Hello I hope someone can help me out please, I purchased a Acer Aspire One net book and need anti virus .... I was given as a gift Norton Internet Security 2010 for my laptop .... probally not the best protection but it was free ....so my question is can I use that on my netbook or do I need special software thats super light for a netbook? The netbook is a basic one 1 gig or ram 250 gb hard drive intel atom blah blah blah ....also since I have three computers that I am able to protect with the Norton am I am able to go to there website and download the software and use my product key since the netbook has not cd drive, any help would be awesome thanks!

Solution
I'll second the AVG Free that fihart mentioned. However, I cannot support Avast as being "lean". My dad's laptop with a 1.6ghz Pentium M was slow as hell with Avast. I took it off, put on AVG and it sped up (for what a Pentium M can do).
G

You might find that one of the free AV programs (Avast, AVG) don't hog so much space and performance as Norton.

However, I gather that Norton have finally woken up to the universal pasting they get on forums and may have made their products a little leaner and less invasive.

I'll second the AVG Free that fihart mentioned. However, I cannot support Avast as being "lean". My dad's laptop with a 1.6ghz Pentium M was slow as hell with Avast. I took it off, put on AVG and it sped up (for what a Pentium M can do).

Solution