Do the manufactures of laptops release driver updates compatible with newer released OSes

eh936

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
I would like to know whether any of the manufacturers release drivers for the next OS release. So say if a buy a laptop today and it comes with Windows 7 installed then will then any of the manufacturers release driver updates for Windows 8 when it comes out ? Also similar question does any of the manufacturers provide older drivers for a previous OS release for their new laptops that are being sold today ? I am not sure but believe the answer to both questions is no but I thought I would ask in any case.

Thanks

Solution
You are pretty close to correct with a no for both. Some do, but probably the most common answer is no, although some of the high quality motherboard manufacturers like ASUS tend to offer drivers both directions.

RealBeast

Distinguished
You are pretty close to correct with a no for both. Some do, but probably the most common answer is no, although some of the high quality motherboard manufacturers like ASUS tend to offer drivers both directions.

Solution