do you need special wires or do sound bars come with jacks that fit into pc's?

jbr1

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
I know nothing about speakers, except that the cheap ones I have for my computer are too quiet to hear most movies and shows I stream on my pc. I'm looking to upgrade, but want to get the best type of speakers for watching tv online (don't listen to music on my pc). Also want to keep it affordable.

avjguy2362

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
If you have desktop you will use the green 3.5mm mini audio jack and if you have a laptop you can use the 3.5mm headphone jack. This can be connected to an audio receiver or a sound bar with a cable that has the 3.5mm mini jack on one side and a pair of RCA jacks on the other. Sound bars may vary more than an old fashioned stereo receiver, so make sure you look and see what type of input jack they are using. It may simply be another 3.5mm stereo jack, so you would just buy a 3.5mm strereo to 3.5mm stereo cable instead. Just about any 5" 2 way small speakers would work, but sound bars may give you remote volume, self amplification and be easier to place depending on your TV and stand. There are going to be dozens of choices today ( speakers or soundbars ), so finding something that fits will likely be the most important part!