Does anyone know how to transfer open webpages to a diferent computer?

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I was wondering is there a program or application that will transfer open web pages to another computer.
I don't think I explained it very well so I will give an example.

Ok I am on my laptop doing a report for school. I have tones of web pages open, Some are in tabs some are in different windows. I need to head home so i put the laptop in standby or hibernation (So I don't loose my open web pages), Now i get home and I am forced to ether finished my report on the small 15 inch laptop screen or i can refind all of my web pages I had on the laptop on my desktop with a much larger screen.
I know I can copy and past the links in notepad or something but that takes alot of time.

Is there a program or something that will make it so you can easily transfer all of the open windows to another computer.

XTORO

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I know this is an old thread, and this is also my first post! :bounce:

I've been surfing this site for a long time and found tons of good info, I just never registered...

But I found the solution for the question that the OP asked because I was searching the same thing.

Check out http://www.stardotnet.com/software/

There's a tab called Page Flinger on that page, and it does just what the OP and me are looking for. It sends your open web pages to another computer. I registered on that site for an account and asked the admin about the program. Apparently a future version will also give you the option of synching your bookmarks between multiple computers as well.

Check it out. I have it running all the time now on my computers, especially since the latest version that just came out today :)

XTORO

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008

hey thanks I will give Page Flinger a try.

Just FYI Firefox sync will synchronize your bookmarks, history, saved user ID and passwords accrossed multiple computer as well. I like it because I can use Firefox servers to sync my data to or my own server. All throw I haven't had a change to setup my own server yet to see if it actually works.

Welcome to the Forums.

XTORO

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Good to know about Firefox sync, I'll try it out, thanks!

Any luck with Page Flinger? Only nuisance I have is that it opens every time I log in, but all I do is minimize it to the system tray

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008

Sorry for the late response I have been busy.
Yeah it does a good job, I like it.
Do you know of anyway it can send a Firefox page to another computer. It seams to be only able to send IE pages over.
I had to disable all of my virtual network cards on one of my computers because it was using a virtual network card instead of my physical nic for some reason. It worked fine on my other computer and it has virtual nics as well. Weird

XTORO

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011

No worries. I've been in contact with the devs and they've been pretty busy working on something else, but there are plans to include firefox and chrome in later versions, but for now it only supports internet explorer.

You should e-mail the details about your virtual nic issues to them, maybe they can look into it. I had a similar problem and suggested to have the option to select what nic to use if you have more than one. They said they will also try to include that option :)