Does Sabrent USB Sound Adapter work with Apple Earpods?

Aug 19, 2018
I just bought a Sabrent USB Sound Adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJ5AV8I/ref=as_li_ss_tl) in order to record good quality audio from my laptop. I am using Apple Earpods to record my voice (the built in microphone seems decent) but by themselves there's a lot of noise.

However, when plugging the Earpods into the mic port of the Sabrent Adapter, no sound seems to be coming through. When I plug the Earpods into the speaker port, I can hear audio, so I don't think the Sabrent is malfunctioning.

Does it just not work with the microphone built into the standard Apple Earpods?

Solution
The USB adapter has separate output and inputs. The output jack is stereo and expects to see a 3.5mm stereo plug. The mic input is probably mono and expects 3.5mm mono plug The Airpods have a single 3.5mm TRRS plug that combines both into one. You will need to split the Airpods single plug into separate headphone and mic plugs. Get an Apple specific splitter since they wire their plugs differently.
The USB adapter has separate output and inputs. The output jack is stereo and expects to see a 3.5mm stereo plug. The mic input is probably mono and expects 3.5mm mono plug The Airpods have a single 3.5mm TRRS plug that combines both into one. You will need to split the Airpods single plug into separate headphone and mic plugs. Get an Apple specific splitter since they wire their plugs differently.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS