Does steam abandon you ???

TechnoViking18

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
Hi , i recently switched computers cause my old one died with all the passwords in it .. Luckily i remember my steam password but i dont remember my gmail password . When i try to login steam it asks for an email confirmation password. I created a ticked about a week ago but no one answered , is there anything i can do ?

Solution
I've contacted STEAM's support a couple times, it can take awhile for them to get back to you.

However it's fairly easy to do a password recovery through GMail. Once you have this problem solved. I've had to go through this process with my wife (she's not too great with computers, and her memory isn't that good either), and it was pretty painless. She knew the answers to her security questions.

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
Yeah, you'll need to use your e-mail account to complete the confirmation. Do a password recovery with GMail.

For obvious reasons, STEAM would be hesitant to help you as it would be very hard for them to confirm that you are who you say you are. If it was as contacting their support department, there would be a lot more hijacked STEAM accounts.

TechnoViking18

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015

I tried it but didnt work .The thing is i didnt thought smth like this would happen so i didnt set any security precautions on my gmail account . I checked ticketing system for gmail but couldnt find one.

TechnoViking18

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015

The thing is they dont even reply. I know my password , or my last used credit card number etc...

techgeek

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2004
I've contacted STEAM's support a couple times, it can take awhile for them to get back to you.

However it's fairly easy to do a password recovery through GMail. Once you have this problem solved. I've had to go through this process with my wife (she's not too great with computers, and her memory isn't that good either), and it was pretty painless. She knew the answers to her security questions.

Solution