Solved! Does the adding of an SD CARD affect the battery charging of an Android phone?

bksdev

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
Does the adding of an SD memory card on an Android phone change its battery charging speed ?
I added an SD card a month ago and there wasn't any problem till today. Now the mobile is not charging beyond 35 % and that too takes 3to5 hours to charge. What could be the reason, pls help! My phone is just one year old but out of warranty by a few weeks! It is a Lenovo A2020a40 with 1GB RAM & 16 GB Internal memory & a Qualcomm quad 1.2 GHz processor What is the solution.? The battery drains out too fast too..the 35 % charge finishes in 10 minutes! What she I do?

Solution
No. Inserting a SD card doesn't change the way the battery works. Unless, of course, your card is inserted behind the battery, and the battery wasn't put back correctly. That could effect it.

To be honest, being it is that old, it is totally possible it just needs a new battery. It actually sounds to me as if that is the case. It happens.
No. Inserting a SD card doesn't change the way the battery works. Unless, of course, your card is inserted behind the battery, and the battery wasn't put back correctly. That could effect it.

To be honest, being it is that old, it is totally possible it just needs a new battery. It actually sounds to me as if that is the case. It happens.

Solution