Dolby Atmos Home Theater PC

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
Hello,i have windows 10 installed and i wanted to experience Dolby Atmos home theater surround sound but it tells me that i dont have the system for it.I own an edifier 5.1 Speakers.

What i have to do to watch movies,play games,listen music with dolby atmos? Are there any specific home theater systems that includes this feature?

What do i need besides paying $10 or $20 to enable dolby atmos? Please help.

Thanks.

Solution
I think you are confusing (not without reason) Dolby Atmos for PC games on headphones and true Dolby Atmos that requires an Atmos AV receiver and 2 or 4 Atmos "height" speakers in addition to 5.1 to 7.2 regular channels and speakers. There are HTS and soundbars that use the Atmos label and offer some form of upfiring speakers but it's not the same as the real deal You also need content that is Atmos encoded which is mostly limited to blueray discs and the Xbox1. Netflix and Vudu may have or will have Atmos content.
I think you are confusing (not without reason) Dolby Atmos for PC games on headphones and true Dolby Atmos that requires an Atmos AV receiver and 2 or 4 Atmos "height" speakers in addition to 5.1 to 7.2 regular channels and speakers. There are HTS and soundbars that use the Atmos label and offer some form of upfiring speakers but it's not the same as the real deal You also need content that is Atmos encoded which is mostly limited to blueray discs and the Xbox1. Netflix and Vudu may have or will have Atmos content.

Solution