Solved! Dolby Vision on VU Premium Android TV giving Green Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2019
Hi,

I ordered VU Premium android model and alongwith that used Fire TV Stick 4k and all HDR as well as Dolby Vision Content was working fine on Netflix and Prime Video and TV was on January, 2019 Android Security Patch but due to an older variant of TV and some missing modes I ordered a replacement and got the new variant of the TV with June Security Patch Update, but now whenever I am using Fire TV Stick 4k to play Dolby Vision Content the bottom half of the screen is coming in solid green color, and this is just happening for contents that are supporting Dolby Vision, for rest of the contents like HDR 10 it is working fine, can there be any possible solution to get this resolved, tried different HDMI Ports, tried Factory Reset the TV but still results are same.

I even downloaded Netflix app from Play Store for TV, and the TV app is working fine with Dolby Vision Content, but it is giving green color on Fire TV Stick, any possible reasons or solutions?

Nov 7, 2019
Is firetv stick up to date and the TV firmware as well?

Yes both are on the latest update.

1. On upto 4k+Always HDR > Green Strip is continuously appearing on complete Fire TV Stick interface
  2. On upto 4K+Adaptive > Green Strip is only appearing on playing any Dolby Vision Content.

One other user has also posted the same problem with same setup on Amazon Device Forum : https://www.amazonforum.com/forums/...ew-fire-stick-4k-and-vu-premium-android-tv-43

Don't know who is at fault

Feb 1, 2020
I thought of sharing this just in case it helps.
I had this green screen issue with Amazon Fire Stick 4K. It was more of a horizontal stripe instead of a full green screen.
I solved the green stripe issue at the bottom of the screen with the following steps:

Go to Home > Settings > Display & Sound > Dynamic Range Settings
Choose "Adaptive".

Viola! :)

Reactions: helpstar
Status
Not open for further replies.