Don't Miss NASA Crashing Stuff Into the Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
So how early am I forcing you to arise? If you're on the East Coast, you might be awake anyway. Unfortunately for those on the West Coast, unless you work the graveyard shift, you're likely still asleep at 04:30 a.m. so you'll actually have to set an alarm.
Yes, some of us IT guys have to run big plants at the wee hours so that normal consumers can wake up and get what they want.

Back to the subject....err whats the subject? Need more Moutain Dew...!!

tektek

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
So all this to prove that moon isnt made of cheese?

I dont know.. its sounds cool and all.. but do we have to deform the moon even more than what it looks like now? swimming pool sized crator? so when a small soccer ball sized rock hits earth it creates a huge crator..when a rocket loaded with all tons of who knows what hits the moon.. it hardly dents it? can someone help me with this one?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]... Or some of us can log onto the internet and watch it live with a better view than those with 24" telescopes.[/citation]

Which is why I added a link to the NASA site for people who want to watch online. :)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]mrubermonkey[/nom]Get some sleep Jane.[/citation]

It's actually 11:28am where I am so lack of sleep is no excuse for my mistake/typo but heaven forbid we chalk anything up to human error/genuine oversight.

Should be all fixed now.

EXT64

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
They didn't tell us the size of the remains of the rocket or the probe, so you are probably imagining it bigger than it is (none of the early stages/boosters). And half an Olympic swimming pool isn't exactly small. Go to NASA's website, maybe they have more in depth info on that aspect.

eaclou

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I dont know.. its sounds cool and all.. but do we have to deform the moon even more than what it looks like now? swimming pool sized crator? so when a small soccer ball sized rock hits earth it creates a huge crator..when a rocket loaded with all tons of who knows what hits the moon.. it hardly dents it? can someone help me with this one?

The rocket is going at 5,600mph, those asteroids are traveling between 30 - 40,000mph, and are likely made of a heavier material, like iron. Also, half an olympic pool is so small on the moon it makes essentially no difference.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Odd world we live in when putting something on another astral body is considered a small feet.

But when a old drug addicted actress or mentally underdeveloped child molesting singer dies, thats news?

G

@tektek: Do a Google search on "Peekskill Meteorite". That thing was about the size of a soccer ball and it didn't make that big a hole.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
As if changing the face of the earth wasn't enough, we are changing the face of the moon before we even "get" there. I think NASA should stick something up their ass or get laid instead of start fucking like that with the moon or anything out of the planet for that matter. Next thing we know is the next title "moon gone missing and out of orbit after the huge crash created by NASA"... Retards with no lives, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.