Downgrading SAMSUNG NP365E5C-S01US TO WINDOWS 7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdl

Honorable
May 18, 2013
i'm going to give your solution a go on my new NP300E5E. Crossing my fingers. Windows 8 is junk. Typical Microshaft, if it isn't broke, break it. Here goes...

waffo

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

Hey sorry dude, I never got an email from this site about your response, hopefully I'm not too late or you had fixed it yourself.
Things to make sure you have set in your BIOS:
- Under BOOT
- - secure boot is disabled
- - OS Mode Selection is UEFI OS
- - Under Boot Device Priority you have moved the correct hard drive (the one you select when you press F10) at the top.

If however you flashed the entire HDD I'd have to imagine that OS Mode Selection would be CSM OS instead. There shouldn't be too much else to fiddle with. If you are still having problems (even after this super late response) could you give me more information about what you've done?

Aramil5

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
Hey I don't know why but I can't find any drivers anywhere for my model NP365E5C-S02UB and I don't know why... can anyone please help?

Aramil5

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

Its Windows 7

raycharleslol

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013
OP, you, sir, are the Edit - the kindest and most intelligent man!

Your time is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Please don't swear in the Forum, Ray or we will stop loving you. :D
PS: Aramil5, I have the same model as you --NP365E5C-S02UB. So far all drivers provided in OP's guide work just fine.

chukis13

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

In order to get function keys working you need to install the Easy Settings software.

abobobilly

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
I am not sure if its relevant here after all this time, but just wanted to mention. I have the NP365E5C-S02UB running Windows 8.1 x64 ... and its Synaptics Drivers also weren't working. So ...
- I used Samsung's software "SWUpdate" & searched my Laptop manually by choosing Win7 as the OS (Win8.1 would only show TWO updates, AMD Catalyst & Bluetooth Drivers)
- Chose the "Touchpad Driver" (saved on my HDD) and it came out as "Synaptics Touchpad Driver_16.2.1.1".

Previously i tried downloading the latest Synaptics from their official website *synaptics.com" but the latest version v17.0.19 didn't work)

----------

That being said, my Functional Keys are also not working. I might find a Win7 driver which could help me enable those keys (none of the functional keys are working), and i'll definitely post here if i find anything.

Just mentioning it here, if it helps anyone :)

Thanks for reading

EDIT: A little update. I downloaded & used Win8's Synaptics Touchpad Drivers (from SWUpdate) which were v16.2.2 (later than the Win7's version) and it fixed my "Laggy pointer" problem and also brought back some missing features from the touchpad (it was missing multi-touch on previous Win7 Drivers).

Still haven't been able to find any drivers which would make my "Functional Keys" work again :S

veryhappyman

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

Basically I just wanted to say thanks for posting I would have been lost without your help. Thanks again!..

Status
Not open for further replies.