Can't boot from DVD to install windows 7, 0xc000000f

Jan 8, 2019
So i'm having trouble installing windows 7 on a clean formated ssd from an install disc.
I wanted to wipe an old laptop i got from school so i formated the disc on my main pc amd put it back in the laptop.
I have a windows 7 disk which i know works but when i try too boot it on my Thinkpad L440 i get the infamous 0xc000000f.
I thought my loadorder was wrong so I went into BIOS and changed it so that the cd booted first, nothing. I assumed my cd player was bust so i got an external player and tried, still nothing.still nothing. Someone said to disable secure boot but that was already off so no.

I'm starting to think maybe something went wrong after formating the SSD. In hindsight I should have waited with formating the drive and reset it using windows reset function.

Any suggestions what to do is helpfull. Thanks!

Jan 8, 2019

Thank you, yes i checked that. Didn't work.

Jan 8, 2019

good suggestion! Tried it and it didn't boot with the internal not with an external optical. i get "media test faliure" but it can't be the optical connection because when i connected the external it registered in BIOS. it must be the disc right? But when i put it in my stationary it asks is it should run setup. I'm stumped!

Jan 8, 2019

Looked around but i dont have any thumb drives at the moment, i'll get back when i've tried that, thanks.

Edit: Alright! I got a thumbdrive and used rufus to make it bootable. Finally installing. Thanks everyone!

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Turn it on and try again,when the industry switched to uefi they also switched the install media to uefi,if your windows 7 is made for uefi and secure boot is off it won't boot,it needs secure boot on. (and vice versa)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheAlienJD Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Jehosaphet1 Laptop Tech Support 6
D Laptop Tech Support 3
shad0walker Laptop Tech Support 4