downloading anti virus to cd

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Which kind of cd do i need to download anti virus program to a cd and install it to a laptop how do i do it i need to install it for my uncle

Solution
Yes you can use a CD R. Most people just use a usb flash drive or download it from the internet.

Microsoft Security Essentials is not that good of antivirus. I would say avast is better for free antivirus, which are still lacking compared to the paid options like Bitdefender or Kaspersky.-

If the pc is already heavily infected then MSE is not going to do much. You will need malwarebytes to clean it.

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Would the CD R disc work with copying the anti virus program to it and install it on my uncles laptop? i use windows security essential someone recommended that to me

Yes you can use a CD R. Most people just use a usb flash drive or download it from the internet.

Microsoft Security Essentials is not that good of antivirus. I would say avast is better for free antivirus, which are still lacking compared to the paid options like Bitdefender or Kaspersky.-

If the pc is already heavily infected then MSE is not going to do much. You will need malwarebytes to clean it.

Solution

la321

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
My uncle just needs a program so he will not be affected i used to use Avast but i got a virus and it wouldn't remove it so someone recommended Microsoft Security Essentials to remove it

I see. You want to use malwarebytes to remove the infection. Odds are if Avast, AVG, or MSE gets a virus; then the other free ones wont remove it either.

If the virus is only in you web browser (popups, redirects, etc) then it could be a browser plugin that you will have to remove from the browser yourself.