Downloads Orgnizing Software

Morad Tamer

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
Hi guys

I was searching for a software that can organize my downloads
what i basicly want it to do is change the download folder according to the extension of the file
For instance i want mp3 files to be downloaded directly to my Music folder in stead of my downloads folder the same for mp4 and other video formats go to my Videos folder and so on
Is there is something like that ??

Solution
A "rule" of sorts such as can be established for incoming emails....

There are such applications available as "extensions" or "download masters".

Here is one:

http://www.mychromeaddons.com/chrome-addon-download-manager-for-chrome/

(Google words such as "Chrome download addon".)

However, many of the sites/products that popped up I would not trust. Did not even go into the website - so be careful.....
Not sure about doing that "on the fly" while the downloading is taking place from different sources with different file types...

However, once all of the files are in the download folder you can use the Get-Item cmdlet in PowerShell to go through the download folder, check file extensions, and then copy or move the file to the intended folder(s).

Depending on the number of extension types involved the logic (IF, THEN, ELSE...) could get messy. But the Switch statement could be a solution that works for you.

Have not worked with that yet but I am finding PowerShell can really do quite a bit. Still learning here....

Morad Tamer

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
No i don't need it to be "on the fly" but
I want the software to (Maybe an extension to chrome) decide the downloading folder to it according to what i mentioned before
For example
when i press the link to download something the software or the extension should run a scan or something to check the downloaded file extension type and decide which folder to put it in then after finishing that allow the download to start

A "rule" of sorts such as can be established for incoming emails....

There are such applications available as "extensions" or "download masters".

Here is one:

http://www.mychromeaddons.com/chrome-addon-download-manager-for-chrome/

(Google words such as "Chrome download addon".)

However, many of the sites/products that popped up I would not trust. Did not even go into the website - so be careful.....

Solution