Droid Razr Maxx Arrives on Verizon Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delengowski

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
More interested in the Droid 4, too bad its not for AT&T, I'd switch but having no credit and trying to get a plan with verizon is crazy.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
Verizon: "We think you are so stupid that you'll pay $300 for the phone, and $80+ for the privelege of using this smart device on a crippling limited data plan. We at Verizon would like to thank you for giving us your hard earned cash, and for being such a moron"

Us: "Duuhhhhhhh, OK"

G

Smartphones in general are simply foolish. I just need a phone to, you know, make calls. I must be old fashioned since I prefer to move my lips rather than my thumbs.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
LOL; you've got to be bonkers to pay that kind a dough for a 'phone'.
Yes, it is cool, and nice and all but seriously. In this economy most of us have better things to do with out limited cash than a shiny statement maker in our pocket.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I remember buying the original iphone WITH a contract for $450...talk about rape:'(

But hey, it was basically the only touchscreen phone on the market at the time.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]don't buy this!!!Droid 5 is coming next month, and razr 2 the month after that....[/citation]
You mean Droid 4?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Tekkadon[/nom]Smartphones in general are simply foolish. I just need a phone to, you know, make calls. I must be old fashioned since I prefer to move my lips rather than my thumbs.[/citation]
Making calls is the last thing I use my smartphone for actually, calls are for emergencies, I use my smartphone mostly for web browsing, games, some texting, doing some work (editing files on the go when no laptop) and other things that can't be done on a dumb phone. So while a smartphone maybe unneeded for you, it is not foolish or unneeded for everyone, it's always a bad thing to try and pin your opinions on everyone.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Tekkadon[/nom]Smartphones in general are simply foolish. I just need a phone to, you know, make calls. I must be old fashioned since I prefer to move my lips rather than my thumbs.[/citation]

I not only talk and text, but I like to be able to get my personal email while on the go instead of going half a day without checking it if in between computers (like when on the road). Also, it's nice to keep up with my peeps on our private gaming Facebook page while on the go for upcoming game sessions. Finally, I can surf and do all the above without my boss ever peering into my work PC usage history for non-work related websites.

So yeah, you are old fashioned (nothing wrong with that, really). We're going forwards, not backwards in technology and convenience. Resistance is futile.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom] ...it's always a bad thing to try and pin your opinions on everyone.[/citation]
He didn't refer to anyone other than himself. While you, on the other hand, feel the need to speak for "everyone." So while a smartphone maybe needed for you, it is foolish and unneeded for me (part of that collective everyone).

win7guru

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
VZW: Time to bend over. Sorry there will be no lubrication.
Customer: Ok long as I can watch movies and do facebook on my phone.

G

You people need to understand that these phones arent really phones anymore, they're mini pocket computers. You're paying $300 to be able to surf the web, watch videos, make phone calls, check email, use gps, and play some pretty high end video games, for up to 10+ hours at a time between charges. $300 is a bargain. I use my phone constantly, so I can appreciate all the time and investment into design and aesthetics.

It sucks the industry started competing over speed rather than consumption, because now we have providers offering speeds so fast they cant even keep up with the demand, hence the data caps. I'd rather have throttled unlimited data than wireless gigabit that I can exhaust in 30 minutes of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.