If I take my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx to straight talk which network will it use? AT&T, TMobile or Verizon?

guest112

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
For a unlocked Droid Razr Maxx Verizon 4g LTE phone. Which network will it run on if switched to straight talk?

finalruner

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
If you are using Straight Talk it is a phone line by Walmart and uses Verizon Cell-Phone Towers. Although I'm not sure if the service/performance will be as good.

disgruntled69

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
No it won't. I went to check compatibility and it said it was compatible, so I bought the kit for $60 and tried to switch it and it wouldn't work. The operator from India explained that he was sorry but the verizon towers wouldn't work and therefore it was NOT compatible (contrary to what their website said previously). Then after transferring me and hanging up while I waited to discuss the refund I'm told that I would have to mail the whole kit to Indiana at my expense to get a refund on their mistake. Straight talk may be cheap but if you have an issue they give you the run around in India and I hate dealing with those dirty mongrels.

tuxedomask419

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
Recently switched my droid RAZR max xt926 from Verizon to straight talk. Originally got the kit from Walmart. When trying to port over my number ran into issues. Called straight talk customer services an they and to ship me a special sim. That said, it did cost me extra because I has to get a new network access card from straight talk. So $10 extra buck but I save about $100 a month I call it a win. Oh one other thing, I went in and reset the APN to default. Works beautifully now.