Drop in Laptop Performance

Josh_35

Estimable
Dec 7, 2015
I got an HP Omen laptop about 4 months ago and it has been running absolutely awesome, but yesterday my performance dropped significantly. Everything on my laptop is slowed down and my in game fps has dropped from almost 300 fps at max settings to barely 40 at the minimum settings. i have an i7 processor and a nvdia 960 gtx graphics card. the only major thing i did recently was update my windows version.

luketexas

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Hi. Did you upgrade to Windows 10? It is likely that certain drivers may not be compatible with the new OS. Try going to HP's website and see if there are Windows 10 drivers available for EVERY hardware component of your laptop. And ensure you have the latest version of NVIDIA graphic drivers aswell. It is also possible, as I have found with certain Toshiba laptops, certain drivers like GPU drivers aren't compatible with Windows 10 and if this is the case, you should return Windows to its former OS. MS built in a rollback feature into Win10 that allows you to revert to previous OS within 30days.

Josh_35

Estimable
Dec 7, 2015

Everything is comparable, I got windows 10 around 3 months ago, it was just another update. Before i upgraded to windows 10 I asked if I should with my laptop and they said that the HP Omen is fine for windows 10

TRENDING THREADS