Dropbox Platform Aims to Eliminate the Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

frish

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
What's with all of the sarcy comments. Don't want it? Don't use it. It's that simple. Isn't the choice of using it a good thing overall rather than just complaining about something that didn't suit you anyway. If there's stuff you really don't want to be seen, then don't upload it to the cloud. It's just simple security measures really.

PedanticNo1

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Heh, silly Dropbox. I only use you to store nonessential things- like unfinished Skyrim mod projects! People who put important things in the Cloud . . . all I have to say it, Megaupload. Not the same situation, obviously, but who'
s to say the government wont go after Dropbox eventually? Perhaps some people store illegal materials on there, which would be a nice excuse for a warrant.

Michael Rino

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
I prefer copy.com. Quite new, but perhaps the new dropbox.

If you register with the link below you get 20 GB instead of 15 GB.

Furthermore you earn 5 GB ! of extra free storage for yourself each time you introduce someone new to Copy. This is a limited time opportunity during the promotion phase.

https://copy.com?r=ZwE0u7

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I use skydrive for school stuff but nothing personal, I don't want people reading my personal info like addresses and names.

Priox

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
As long as tech companies are giving governments direct access to their servers, this isn't going to happen.

syrious1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
drop box sync is really system intensive for older XP based systems constantly requiring a 1GB RAM resource on computers, when you only have at the most 3.5 available.

Skydrive IMO does a much better job of syncing/sharing/categorizing your files and is nominally less resource intensive, not to mention to multitude of added benefits in conjunction with the new MS Office.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Yea I can see this working.

8:00am (click)... go get coffee... (click)... read mail... (click) oops time to head home for the day.

G

They are just storing your data on a hard drive not eliminating it.

G

This NSA BS is gonna put a damper most cloud services and their future growth plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.