Solved! Dslr that use minolta lenes

joecee

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hello,
I am going to upgrade to DSLR. I have a series of Minolta AF lenes which I would like to use. I have found Sony cameras but was wondering if anyother DSLR maker will accept Minolta lenes?

Solution
Sony DSLR's are Minolta technologies. I don't think there are any other camera that support that lens, check the camera you are interested on if there any adaptor. I doubt it though.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Sony DSLR's are Minolta technologies. I don't think there are any other camera that support that lens, check the camera you are interested on if there any adaptor. I doubt it though.

Solution

joecee

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have found it very difficult to find another product that has the A mount system, and adapters seem to change things slightly. In addition I have found it impossible to buy a Sony A series from a retailer without the len's. I have contacted Sony Style and they were of no help in selling a DSLR body only. My search continues but your response confirmed what I was learning.

getho

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
You can stop looking. Modern cameras integrate lens function tightly with the body. Each manufacturer has their own connections. You can get adaptors to physically connect eg nikon lenses to canon, but they wont auto focus, you wont be able to set aperture etc. You are fortunate that Sony kept the minolta mount alive and compatible.

the sony cameras as very good value, the 18-50 lens is worth next to nothing, just buy the camera with the most basic lens.