David_169

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
Hi there I am a PC gammer and have an old Asus G73SW.
I just formated my computer and installed Windows 7 in one partition and Windows 10 on another partition and one more partition for drives and recovery files for both Partitions.

I want to know if its safe and works as I think.
I want to use Windows 10 partition for everyday use like: downloading, streaming, gaming etc.. and the Windows 7 partition for Work.

So would one partition affect the other?
If a Virus or Malware infects my Windows 10 partition does the Windows 7 partition which i use for working would be safe?
If something happens in Winfows 10 I am planning to just format it or recover it from the 3rd partition.

What do you think? Is it safe? Some ideas or tips?

Chicano

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Virus and malware can infect any and all drives... I read time ago people saying that bugs didn't jump partitions but... it was always the same as a virus infecting from a floppy or CD and no one ever doubted that (same risk from DVD, USB, networks)... though the antivirus might catch the infections, they don't have the definitions for every bug that exists, particularly new ones that the antivirus developers don't yet know about.

The safest way to protect your work data is to build/buy a second computer and not interchange information among them unless it's absolutely necessary and only after scanning it or being certain it's clean.