Dual Jack Headset Vs Single Jack Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dushyant Deshwal

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
Hi,
I had an old headset that I bought for a very low price and it actually had two seperate 3.5mm Jack's for audio and microphone and it broke (structure) after 4 to 5 years of use.
I used it for Singing for fun on this Sing! Karoake application.The audio quality was phenomenal.
Then I got a new HP headset which had a single jack for both headphone and mic.Now I get a fine tone when I record.Like a tone you get from sine wave battery backups or something like that.
I never got that on my dual Jack headphone and I used to use the adapter from two Jacks to single.

Is there some loss of quality when there is a single wire and the sound from audio side mix with microphone recording ? Do dual jacks tackle this problem very well ,both the recording and audio stream in seperate cable in completely seperate jackets which rules out the chances of audio signal disturbing the recording of mic.
(Which I think is the cause of Fine Tone,Just like the one you get when you put your mic Infront of a speaker which is actually acting as an output to speaker)

There shouldn't be loss quality just by going from dual to single jack. However, the headset you got recently could be of a lower quality, even if from the same manufacturer. In 5 years time it would not surprise me if the quality of the new devices were lowered.

Dushyant Deshwal

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014

Yes, there shouldn't be any loss.
Anything on whether single jack headphone may create interference in microphone recording ?

Status
Not open for further replies.