Dual Monitor Setup: Sound through both (HDMI + Displayport)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFrazer22

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
I have two monitors, one hooked up via HDMI and one via DisplayPort. I would like to be able to listen to both of the monitors at the same time (so, for example, if a song is playing on iTunes, it will play though both of the monitors' speakers), and after searching the internet and this forum for weeks, I still haven't found a way to do so. I've already tried setting one of my monitors as the default device and the other as a Recording device (under stereo mix), but that hasn't worked for me. Is there any program that can let me accomplish this? (So something like the audio midi app on macOS where you can create a multi-output device.)

Solution
have you tried programs which manually enable you to set more than one device as outputs like virtual audio cable or the other similar programs out there?

ElFrazer22

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017

Huh, Virtual Audio Cable turned out to be the exact program I needed. Thanks!

DynastyCrusher

Prominent
May 24, 2017

Hi
I've got the same issue: 2 monitors connected via 2 cables to 1 videocard. I would be grateful if you could tell me some steps on how have you resolved the problem. I tried virtual cable but I don't really understand how do I set everything.

If I set the Virtual cable default playback device, it still sounds only from one monitor.
If I set recording device to "listen through monitor 2", it then SWITCHES sound, making monitor 1 silent.

I nearly smashed my keyboard, but still haven't found the answer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.