dual pre-in power amplifier

geluna

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Hey, do they still make Powered home amplifiers for speaker wired subwoofers that have 2 pre-in connections? I have been looking everywhere and only find the amps that have RCA connections not pre-in's. and I found one with dual pre-ins, but it has 2 channel connections for 4 speakers not subs. and it is a vintage, like this,home powered amp, is there anything newer out there? I have 2 10" home theatre subs that use speaker wire and a newer home stereo 7.2 receiver that has pre-outs. and I want to kick up the bass without kicking the bass up from the speakers and popping them. any advice to make my man cave better is much appreciated. would like something like this but for 2 subs single sub amp

If the subwoofers are passive (without power cords) then all you need is any stereo 2 channel power amp (or integrated amp or stereo receiver) with sufficient power. It would connect to the subwoofer outputs on the receiver. The .2 means there are two subwoofer outputs. If there were one sub out you would just use a Y audio splitter to feed both channels. It doesn't have to be a "subwoofer amp".
If the receiver has a mic for auto set up then make the connections and run the set up.
If not then set the speakers to small in the receiver speaker set up menu and that you do have subs connected.