DVD Track Ripping

vinylted

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
I am an 82 yr old resident of a retirement village who needs to rip individual tracks from my collection of music dvd's to compile shows for our village. Is there simple to use software available to do this? As an example I can use Picasa3, but not photoshop, therefore skill level is only average.. kiss principle applies to me. I don't mind paying a modest sum for the right program. cheers Vinylted

Solution
A free and but a little complicated method for some is using VLC media player which is free and Handbrake which is also free can help you rip the audio and convert them to mp3 thus allowing your to make you mix tape so to speak. However please note provided these DVDs belong to you may rip and listen to them at your own leisure in private however broadcasting them may be in violation of certain copyright acts, I say this since this is a respected and well known PC forum which likes to keep things legal however at the same time I believe you not be asking for help in piracy.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
are you looking to rip the video of individual songs from the dvd to create a new "mix tape" dvd? or just the audio from the dvd to then make a "mix tape" of?

i've done both of these though the process is not that hard, it is time consuming and has a few steps involved depending on which you want to do. and if the dvd is copy protected, you may not be able to do it without breaking that protection first. it's legal but takes software designed to do it.

vinylted

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017

vinylted

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
Thanks Math Geek, I need the video & audio to create a mix show for residents. I have tried using WinxDVD ripper but find it too confusing for me. It shows a list of the tracks, but I can't work out how to copy an individual one. I'm using Win 7 home edition 64 bit o a PC. thanks Ted

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
A free and but a little complicated method for some is using VLC media player which is free and Handbrake which is also free can help you rip the audio and convert them to mp3 thus allowing your to make you mix tape so to speak. However please note provided these DVDs belong to you may rip and listen to them at your own leisure in private however broadcasting them may be in violation of certain copyright acts, I say this since this is a respected and well known PC forum which likes to keep things legal however at the same time I believe you not be asking for help in piracy.

Solution