Proper DVD ripper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I'm having one heck of a time with DVD ripping, as it has been awhile since I have done it. To be honest, ripping and compressing a Blu-Ray is easier! Anyways, I've tried just about anything under the sun to simply rip a standard DVD in my collection without any copyright protection (or so AnyDVD tells me) and I either get strange errors with the programs I have been using or the ones that I have gotten to work, really aren't up to par in terms of being able to detect the correct audio streams and setting the video quality.

When I used to rip DVD's, I would use DVD shrink and simply burn them onto a blank discs without any issue. But it seems to be a royal pain to find a decent program that will do everything in one step.

Can someone recommend a program (paid or unpaid) that can do the job in one step? Essentially, I am looking for something that will rip the DVD to my HDD and at the same time, output in a format like AVI or MPEG in a compressed fashion. I could deal with 1GB to 5GB, as I have plenty of space. Maybe something Xvid oriented?

As always, thanks for the assistance.

4Ryan6

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
According to the Forum Rules even seeking copyright breaking information is a Forum Rules violation and punishable by loosing your posting privileges here, also anyone supplying the linked information to you is too, so this is a warning to seek this information elsewhere.

You're getting this warning Kevin because you've been a member almost a year with a 168 post count, read over the Forum Rules located to the bottom right of this page and refresh your memory of what is, and is not allowed here at THGF.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.