DVI and VGA audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reuben1

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
I want to use three monitors in my set up but cannot find any good monitors within my budget which have a display port they are always with DVI and VGA. What i want to know is if i connect all monitors via DVI, VGA and HDMI will i be able to get sound through my headset?

Solution
A VGA to HDMI cable is a really bad idea on many levels. They are usually expensive because they have to be "active" (meaning have powered circuitry) because VGA is an analog signal and HDMI is a digital one. There has to be a converter in the middle and it has to have power.

In the sound control panel you should be able to pick what hardware you want to handle the audio. The HDMI output or the motherboard and the headphone port.

kanewolf

Judicious
A VGA to HDMI cable is a really bad idea on many levels. They are usually expensive because they have to be "active" (meaning have powered circuitry) because VGA is an analog signal and HDMI is a digital one. There has to be a converter in the middle and it has to have power.

In the sound control panel you should be able to pick what hardware you want to handle the audio. The HDMI output or the motherboard and the headphone port.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.