Solved! Dynex 40" tv

Oct 27, 2018
Tv turn on and whatever the channel is on will flash and then go out. I have read online that its probley the mother board and bought a decent priced one on eBay. Well thats not it. screen is black and blue light is on. What else could I try??

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
well,you could keep throwing parts and money at this one,or you could bite the bullet and take it to a repairman.how old is this tv?if its getting up there you might think about a new one.

You should have bought a reliable, well-known TV brand to start with - - - Sony is my favourite brand for most tech. Some of the TV brands I see on these forums are either brands I've never heard of or brands I wouldn't waste my money on.

Dump that Dynex and get yourself something that's at least half decent (Sony, Samsung, Panasonic etc.). Yes they cost more but that's for a good reason.

Oct 27, 2018

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
like was said,dynex isnt a very good brand,and to fix it may just cost more than its worth.tv prices have really gone down over the years as well.i remember paying 3000$ cdn for a samsung 42 inch lcd.under 1000$ now.13 years and still a reasonable picture.i hate throwing anything away that may be fixable,but this might be a good time to think about a new one.