dynex tv to a sony/bravia sound system

Mike_2016

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
I have a dynex 32 inch l200A12 rev a I bought at bestbuy.. I am trying to connect to a sony/bravia model # DAV- DZ175.. I am trying to get it to work with my xbox one, I have tried nearly everything.. xbox forums are useless, sony says they didn't make this product in the us, therefore cannot advise me.. I tried using optical from X1 to the sony, it workks but I lose two of my speakers.. The speakers(4) work with every other device just not my X1...I tried rca from the sony to the dynex, no good, tried hdmi from sony- dynex=no good. In a last ditch I tried to use the hdmi fro the X1 to the sony=no good...

Any ideas

Xbox to Sony via optical - Did you set the Xbox to output in surround sound? Should be a menu setting for that.
Xbox to TV via HDMI, TV to Sony via optical - Check the audio settings on the Xbox (as above). Check the TV menu to see if there is a place to change the audio output type. Try the options. Some TVs will only output in 2 channel.
If you select Dolby on the Sony if should revert to Dolby Prologic when receiving a stereo signal (either via analog or digital input). That will give you analog surround sound. Not as good as digital but better than stereo.

Mike_293

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

The dynex(tv) doesn't have optical... Only hdmi(2) and rca(red,yellow,white) and composite green,blue.)