e1505 laptop turns on but wont boot

grilltechy

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
I have a problem with this laptop turning on. At times the laptop turns on(no booting,no fan) but I wont get anything on the screen. When i fidget with the display as soon as I press the power botton, it would display the windows screen(fan turns on) then goes to the hibernation load screen gradually loading the bar on the bottom ( when you turn on your computer after you put it to hibernate). but it would just get stuck in that loading screen. Im guesing the last time this laptop was on, it was put into hibernation.

There were times when I got lucky after i fidgeted with the display at the right time, it would pass the (out of hibernation mode screen) and work.

I took the laptop apart to see what I can do but I have no clue how to diagnose this.

uploading pictures doesnt seem to be working, so here is a picture I took of the open motherboard http://imgur.com/XURl65z

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and see if it would boot up.
- Next is to reseat the RAM, take them all off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- If all the lights are on same goes with the fan try and connect an external monitor and see if you'll see any display from it because if you do the problem may lie with the display.
- Also do try to do a clean install of Windows if you can get it to boot up.

grilltechy

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015

I had already taken everything apart, tried turning on, but like the original problem,it turns on but doesnt boot,(no fan movement). Its not the display since I disconnected the display,if you saw the picture.