EA CEO Leaks Sony Motion Controller Codename

Status
Not open for further replies.

adaman2576

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
There is a camera on this one as well as the Natal. Looks like big brother is creeping in. At least when I play wii, I know no one is staring back at me.

G

Figures!

Today at Walmart, I saw a New item in the Wii Exercise stuff.
It was a Wii Camera for this exact same purpose so as to eliminate the need for other controllers while exercising.

G

if sony or ms dont see nintendo as a competitor, why are the trying to copy?

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
[citation][nom]carlhenry[/nom]i guess this is byebye for wii? maybe a next gen nintendo console will be eariler than expected?[/citation]

Could be, but I'm sure Nintendo patented the Wiimote from every angle possible effectively forcing MS and Sony to use a different approach. MS obviously is going for motion tracking via some sort of camera software. Sony kind of looks like a hybrid between Natal and Wii. Either way should be interesting to see what the end result is. (Also which solution proves to be the best).

Nintendo's effectively on version 2.0 now with the motion plus, so MS and Sony need to launch something that can track motion at the very least equal to a Wiimote with motion plus if not better.

d3adp0ol

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
i think the name gem is about as stupid as the idea of a half-assed motion controller for the ps3. didn't that flop already when it was called six-axis? i honestly cant think of a single game that has benefited from the inclusion of that lame grab at the hype surrounding Wii

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]adaman2576[/nom]There is a camera on this one as well as the Natal. Looks like big brother is creeping in. At least when I play wii, I know no one is staring back at me.[/citation]Careful where you point your Wiimote. That's where they hide the camera ;-)

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]I thought it was called magic wand.[/citation]
No, 50Cent was gonna be the official endorser of the motion controller and say "I got the Magic Stick!"

Status
Not open for further replies.