EA Sports Sticks Up for Tiger Woods, the Athlete

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Good for EA. It's not like he was making dogs fight, he was just playing the field and got caught.

Besides, maybe we could get some new mini-games to experience the full Tiger Woods experience.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
For me, I like experts on their experities. Other than that, they are just plain human beings. nothing more and nothing less.

As far as for the Mr Wood, as long as he is still playing well as a tanlent golfer, he is still great to me.

Sometimes, it is just funny to see how easy people gets hyped up by the media or kind of believe that fame = sant..lol

Too be honet, if I am looking for a sant.. I will go to a chruch or temple... wait... even chruchs and temples have scandals.

Last point.. to the EA new game... as long as the game is fun with quality I will like it... if not... even with a perfect/Sant Mr Wood will not mean anything to me.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Hole in 12 more like.[/citation]

Classy, Jane.
6 more dates and he can open a new golf course?

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Translation: "We've spent a lot of money developing this shit and there's no way in hell we're taking a loss and shelving it just because our star decided to mate anything that moves."

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Moore's statement finishes with, "When we say 'It’s in the Game,' it is not just a tag line but a statement about the quality and authenticity of the game experience

So then does that mean I get to travel all over and bang chicks in the game? I mean lets keep it authentic.

G

Not sure what to think, and I'm not even talking about Tiger.

EA doesn't even stick behind its own games. I recently had to reinstall my Battlefield 2142, and I forgot how much of a complicated mess it is installing the expansion and patches. Install game, update to patch 1.40, install Northern Strike, update to patch 1.40 again, THEN update to patch 1.50. It's been like that for years :-\

atticus052

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]LOL As opposed to some OTHER Tiger Woods?[/citation]

I think they are separating themselves from "EA Sports Sticks Up for Tiger Woods, the Pimp" more so than just another individual named Tiger Woods.

Anyways, good for Tiger, I don't ever expect anything good from our celeberties, so there wasn't much for me to be dissapointed about.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
well good for tiger. with one company at least staying with him his income will not take that much of a hit.

i also heard there is a rumor out there that EA is trying to get the hot coffee mod code from rockstar to put in the next tiger woods game :)

sorry couldn't help myself

G

As soon as Tiger Woods stepped up and signed a sponsor contract he no longer is an athlete, he is a celebrity who plays good golf... in his case f***ing good golf...

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
@Captaincharisma

Tiger Woods is a BILLIONAIRE with a B. I'm sure losing this endorsement deal would have caused him to lose any sleep (that's the job of random slutty white chicks).

lol@ the "hot coffee" mode tho. Sure as hell would be more fun than playing some boring game with only Golf in it... Bring on the Leisure Suit Tiger game!

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Good for EA and good for Tiger! While I don't approve of what he did outside the game, it's what's on the green that matters to me. He didn't build his career on being a good husband, he built his career swinging balls and making holes-in-one (no pun intended).

I don't know why they make such a big deal out of this. Rock stars and movie stars do it all the time and we basically praise them for that. You can even add some alcohol and drug abuse on that, no problems. But when a sports star do it, you can ben sure they'll go down in flames.

Like I said earlier, I don't approve of that kind of behaviour, but don't forget that sports stars often practice their sport since they were kids. They're pushed hard and hardly have a normal childhood. Don't be surprised when they turn 21 with a 15 million dollars contract if they start living for the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.