Earbuds that will last!?

RockyPlays

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
Last year I wanted to get some nice earbuds to listen to music with my phone while exercising or sleeping or basically whatever I was doing. I started with skullcandy which I regret now because I had 5 pairs of their earbuds that would last 1-2 months before one side stopped working and the other was close behind. I became frustrated and did some research on more durable earbuds and for christmas I asked for these http://www.amazon.com/JLAB-Heavy-Metal-Headphones-Obsidian/dp/B001939H4C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1436632665&sr=8-2&keywords=jlab+j4m
I was very happy with these earbuds and they did everything I wanted...for 6 months. Yesterday I was listening to music when it started to get distorted and unbearable to listen to. I used my friends earbuds to make sure it wasnt my phone or something and his were working fine. Basically, I have had a rough time getting a pair of earbuds that last for more than a few months and it is a waste of money. I want to know wether I any of you know a pair of earbuds that will last for a year or more or if I should just get a bunch of cheap earbuds and use them till they break?
Thanks for the help! :)

Solution
Are you open to buying used? It's likely that a earphone with a bassy/warm sound signature is what you're looking for. As far as durability and sound signature goes the RHA MA 750/750i might be what you're looking for. Stainless steel construction,thick cables, and excellent strain relief. They are the best built earphones in its price range bar none. They also come with a good amount of ear tips to help you find the best fit, have an over the ear design, and do not protrude far either which would make them good for sleeping with as well.

RHA-MA750i-2.jpg

You can find them used on amazon for around ~$75. New they are $120 and come with a three year warranty.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Definitely spend a bit more money and get a quality pair of buds. Not only will the build quality be much better, the sound quality will as well.

What types of music do you listen to? Do you have a budget for the earphones?

~$100 there are quite a few well built earphones which will last you a long time. RHA MA 750, Shure SE 215, JVC FXT 90 to name a few.

RockyPlays

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
I listen to EDM mostly but often just whatever is playing. I go to sleep with the earbuds in and use them whenever i am out working in the yard or anything so durability is a big thing for me. A pair that is comfortable while sleeping and durable would be perfect for me, as i am not as worried about sound quality as i am build quality. What is the pair that you would recommend?

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Are you open to buying used? It's likely that a earphone with a bassy/warm sound signature is what you're looking for. As far as durability and sound signature goes the RHA MA 750/750i might be what you're looking for. Stainless steel construction,thick cables, and excellent strain relief. They are the best built earphones in its price range bar none. They also come with a good amount of ear tips to help you find the best fit, have an over the ear design, and do not protrude far either which would make them good for sleeping with as well.

RHA-MA750i-2.jpg

You can find them used on amazon for around ~$75. New they are $120 and come with a three year warranty.

Solution