Early Adopters Report Problems With iPhone 4 LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
Early adopters? This isn't an early product. The first iPhone was, we usually wait for the fourth iteration for it to actually be ready...

I don't like how the first batch of hardware these days is 'early adopting'. I think we miss the point.

walt526

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Right, the one's being sold are among the first batch of a fourth generation.

In any event, the number of complaints coming from early adopters seems to be quite a bit more than what we usually hear from the Apple fanbois. Apple is often late-to-the-party with cutting-edge technology and always overpriced, but their consumer electronic products have always very well-refined once they are released. If they are releasing a flawed flagship product, it could indicate that sales is putting unreasonable demands on manufacturing in an attempt to stay ahead of the Droid devices. If Apple's MO switches from being patient with product development to rushing the release of new products so as to not lose marketshare (i.e., like nearly every other tech company), then they risk damaging the reputation of their brand for consistently delivering a high quality product. Which, combined with the continued ineptitude of AT&T, poses a challenge given that Android OS is really coming into its own.

wing2010

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Now, users need to "finish" the manufacturing process for Apple. Next, users may need to do the assembly job for their iPhone, like the IKEA funitures.

LOL.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
It's not a problem of generations or tech. If what that guy is saying is true, it's just rushed manufacturing, which has been a problem for the iPhone4 this whole time.
The antenna problem is also supposedly a problem with the signal meter, not the actual reception. This makes a bit more sense to me, as the human body usually works to boost signals, not weaken them.

There is a real issue here though, the utterly botched launch.
The system going down, the order mixups, now rushed products. Even though this was probably one of the most anticipated launches this year, there was absolutely ZERO quality control or preparation. Maybe next time Apple will test their products and prepare shipments before sending them out to people. Then again, probably not, even they seem to be thinking that their customer base is just moronic sheep that will buy whatever has an apple on it.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I am no "apple fanboi" but i like my 3g-s for it's realiability (dropped in a river, and on the ground countless times.. it happens..) but this is just FAIL and makes me wonder how long the 4th generation will really last..

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]I am no "apple fanboi" but i like my 3g-s for it's realiability (dropped in a river, and on the ground countless times.. it happens..) but this is just FAIL and makes me wonder how long the 4th generation will really last..[/citation]
Really? I dropped my 3g once and the screen decided to turn white and not change regardless what fix i tried...

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]wing2010[/nom]Now, users need to "finish" the manufacturing process for Apple. Next, users may need to do the assembly job for their iPhone, like the IKEA funitures.LOL.[/citation]

sounds like fun to me. that way you know whats in it and if theres a problem with part of the hardware you can replace it yourself. of course i would expect cheaper prices if you had to build it yourself, which im sure apple would not do

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]matt314[/nom]Really? I dropped my 3g once and the screen decided to turn white and not change regardless what fix i tried...[/citation]

::shrug:: who knows.. but i would not feel comfortable taking this new iPhone with me on vacation..

Status
Not open for further replies.