Edifier S330D any good?

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
hey guys.

so I`ve been wanting a desktop speakers for a while, and stumbled upon Edifier S330D on a local online store for 135$, I`m not really aiming for top notch fidelity but I want something with deep bass, crisp triple and good soundstage for gaming, do not distort, been hearing quite alot of good about these
what you guys think.

Cristi72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

For that price, I'd say go for it! It has good sound balance and you don't need a discrete audio card to drive it properly if you'll use the digital connection. If you love powerful bass though, this system is not the perfect choice.

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
thanks for the reply.
my current desktop setup is a Creative Inspire M4500 4.1 speakers which I`m only using 2 speakers with not 4, I`m sure the s330 is a major upgrade from them, I mainly use my denon-ahd5000 and hyper x cloud for gaming but for those moments where there are other people with me or when I don`t want to use the headphones.
I`m thinking of just saving the money and stick with the cheapo 6 years old 4.1 that I don`t even remember who even bought them in the household to begin with :)

headon

Estimable
Feb 14, 2015
their a really solid desktop speakers for the price, problem is there is alot of issues with quality control that it`s embarrassing for example check out this forum, http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1336420&highlight=edifier+s330d it`s back from 2008, 5 users reporting the same issue, one of them had replaced his unit 3 times before deciding to just move on for another brand, take a quick look at amazon reviews and u`ll see even after almost 5 years they still didn`t work this issues out, not to mention that their support is almost non-existence so if something goes wrong the transaction will have between u and the store. audio gear usually lasts for a very looooong time so I recommend u stack some money and get a proper bookshelf setup with a subwoofer for 500$ that look good and sounds way better. since ur already relying on headsets more.

fastwing76

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
received the s330d today.
unboxed it, was blown away with the build quality and all, to my surprise after unwrapping everything, I found out that the RCA cable and satellites cables are missing!!, was so pissed, contacted the online store customer service, said they can send someone over to pick them up but it would take up to a week unit they issue a new replacement! luckily there is a radioshack near my residence , ran to it, picked 16 gauge speaker cables for 10$ thought it can`t hurt to have those 50ft laying around as I might need them in the future. cut 5 - 5ft for each satellite connected to the subwoofer, then connect the digital coax and boom! was good to go, played a dubstep song and was very surprised at the sound quality and the loudness of the unit! really didn`t expect them to sound as good, and the great thing is that the satellite take very little space on my desk while also looking good, thankfully there was non- of the issues mentioned by Headon, tested both digital out and analogue no issues what so ever, the remote is flawless with a slight click to turn on the unit, both satellites are balanced with no issues, noticed a very small plastic finish nop on one of the satellites tweeter housing. but that was all into it.
played an audiobook awaken the giant within by anthony robbins and was pleased that the voice was crisp and clear unlike the issues I faced with my old creatives where voices were muffed and bassy.
overall I`m so pleased with them, for only 130$ their worth every penny. now the customer service rep is waiting for my response regarding the replacement unit, of course I don`t want to wait another week for a replacement that might have issues. so I`m thinking of keeping this one!!! even without the cables!!! since I already bought them from radioshack and I have a high quality 35$ RCA cable that I have been using before, I see no need for the missing satellite cables and the RCA!! luck can only strike once so if I return these there might be a huge chance that I get a defective one!.
anyway they provide an intimate listening experience. lets just hope the remote has a good live span with the other electronic components in the system.