editing commercials help

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
I have 2 movies on my tivo which i transfered directly to my pc using my video capture device of my tv tuner card ..What i would like to do now is record each movie on a dvd using ConvertXtoDVD but without the commercials..How would i go about editing out the commercials from the movies i have in my hard drive before i convert them to a dvd ? Any suggestions ?

sbeckstead

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
You need a video editing program at this point. Just bring the videos into an editing program and you can chop them up at your discretion. Otherwise you have little choice other than to record them as is. I suggest (if on Apple and I recommend you be on Apple Mac Os X) iDVD. Otherwise you can try the video editing app that comes with windows but I haven't actually been able to use it for that purpose. There are other video editing apps that cost from nothing to thousands. But that is what you need.

nukemaster

Distinguished
What format are the files in?

If its mpeg there are editors that just cut out sections. if its something else you are looking at possibly recoding the video(but it does not always cut dead on...due to how mpeg works).

VirtualDub works on many formats, but not mpeg without plugins....

get Gspot to see what kind of video it currently is (I assume Mpeg2 since its from a TV card.)
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/