Eee Pad Transformer 2 in the Works; Slider Launches

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I juuuust bought the eee pad transformer 16GB... oh well it had to be outdated sooner or later... might be looking for those Christmas deals.

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I'm still gonna hold off on buying any tablet.
This market is eerie similar to the smart-phone market where every company are making 1 year refresh cycles, last years tablet will simply not be able to keep up. Technology is increasing so much quicker in the mobile market and for $400-800.

G

I know this will seem just as bad as the spammers, or maybe worse, but I'm actually doing research.

Rate this up if you actually scrolled down to read it.

Rate this down if you don't like it.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I would like to see Transformer 2 dock with CD/DVD drive, and bigger storage than 32GB even if it's located in the dock. Then it will properly combine all strengths of pads, netbooks and notebooks.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Khushrenada529[/nom]I know this will seem just as bad as the spammers, or maybe worse, but I'm actually doing research.Rate this up if you actually scrolled down to read it.Rate this down if you don't like it.[/citation]
Some people may do both, can't thumbs up & down at the same time.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
[citation][nom]walter87[/nom]I'm still gonna hold off on buying any tablet.This market is eerie similar to the smart-phone market where every company are making 1 year refresh cycles, last years tablet will simply not be able to keep up. Technology is increasing so much quicker in the mobile market and for $400-800.[/citation]

That's with any piece of tech. Granted we are in the first round of devices, but still if you wait 2 years and buy one, within a year or less it will be severely outdated. Or the tablet market will have disappeared.

G

Tablet is currently undergoing highly innovative product refresh cycle. Every year there will be new features and speed performance that is going to make the best products of last year look like a toy. Price cut does not matter much when you know you are going to get a much more inferior product compared to the latest. The next quad-core are supposedly 5 times faster than current generation of Tegra2, which hopefully get overcome one of the most annoying shortcomings currently in all Tegra2 tablets: unable to play most HD video format smoothly.

coldmast

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
I still like how aggressive ASUS has been on the tablet front, sure they have had some not so popular netbook-tablet in the past, but the Eee Pad Transformer is quite impressive best of both worlds compromise. I'm waiting out on this generation of tablets though, winners (ASUS, Apple) and losers (RIM) still have to be determined. Looking forward to the quad-core tegra, might buy then.

G

Metallic brown! Oh yay! Because nothing says, "awesome technology" more than looking like a giant Autobot turd! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.