Electrical problems worried

zabst94

Estimable
Jun 11, 2014
OK! I don't know in what thread should I post this, but lately there have been some power black outs in my town, and my laptop was running during the time the power went off. This happened like 5 times this week.

Is there any long term damage to my laptop/hardware if this happeneds again?

Solution
If you didn't immediately notice any problems, then you're probably ok, but I would get a power strip with a surge protector installed between the laptop and the wall socket as at least some insurance against surge damage. You can get a decent one at any office supply store or Walmart for like 20 bucks. Cheap dollar store type surge protectors that cost less than ten dollars probably don't offer any real protection against an actual surge or significant voltage spike.
If you didn't immediately notice any problems, then you're probably ok, but I would get a power strip with a surge protector installed between the laptop and the wall socket as at least some insurance against surge damage. You can get a decent one at any office supply store or Walmart for like 20 bucks. Cheap dollar store type surge protectors that cost less than ten dollars probably don't offer any real protection against an actual surge or significant voltage spike.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS