Email content is cut-off without a horizontal scroll bar

exonotis

Estimable
May 14, 2014
I work in technical support and my client is receiving emails with a portion of the text cut-off on the right hand side. However, there is no horizontal scroll bar and the issue persists in both the preview pane and when opening the email. He forwarded an example of this to me (we both use Outlook 2013) and I have the same issue when viewing the email.
When I tried forwarding the email, and clicking on the text, I discovered it is contained in a 1x1 Table that is off-centered. Simply dragging the table over fixed the problem, but that is not something I'm going to recommend to my elderly client every time this happens.
I accessed his web mail account and found the same email, but it displayed without any issues. I also viewed the email in my own webmail account and had no issues. So the problem must be with Outlook. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

PS I've already disabled all add-ins.
PPS These emails come from different senders (yahoo, aol, etc.)
PPPS Only a few emails come this way. They are typically those poorly formatted political articles without any sources that people forward on and on.

exonotis

Estimable
May 14, 2014

As I said, "the issue persists in both the preview pane and when opening the email."

After posting on the Microsoft forums and doing my own troubleshooting, I'm 99% certain this problem is caused by Microsoft Word rendering the HTML email as opposed to Internet Explorer like it used to use in the past. Especially since the emails appear fine in Web Browsers etc. https://litmus.com/blog/outlook-2013-still-powered-by-word-now-available-for-email-testing

Does anyone know if there is a plug-in or add-on for Outlook that would force it to render HTML emails the same way web browsers do?