Email Outage at White House a Mystery

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Bunz_of_Steel[/nom]It's not insulting you N00b! did I say anything about u? I told you to STFU cuz u don't know j@CK. Talkin like u know what USA is thinking and ur speakn on their b1/2.... plzzzzz (wtf is my parents or how I was raised got to do with this?...wow)TSM[/citation]

Every time you address me, you do so with noob or similar. That is something most people would find insulting, which is why you probably do it in the first place. As for the enviroment you grow up in - I don't have the time to explain the influence that has on the resulting product (you). If you don't know, visit a psychology class or talk to a middle school teacher.
You keep stating I don't know anything, yet you don't seem to even know what knowledge is. Is there even a point to your insults? I think not. Stick to constructive comments like the rest of us. Otherwise you're just wasting people's time, and most people I know don't appreaciate that.

engrpiman

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]Every time you address me, you do so with noob or similar. That is something most people would find insulting, which is why you probably do it in the first place. As for the enviroment you grow up in - I don't have the time to explain the influence that has on the resulting product (you). If you don't know, visit a psychology class or talk to a middle school teacher. You keep stating I don't know anything, yet you don't seem to even know what knowledge is. Is there even a point to your insults? I think not. Stick to constructive comments like the rest of us. Otherwise you're just wasting people's time, and most people I know don't appreaciate that.[/citation]

I suggest that you stop quoting his gibberish. Every time you try and talk reason to Bunz_of_Steel you ignite his fire; this in turn is resulting in a recursive argument. Instead if we ignore him he will burn out and leave.

As to the argument at hand:

I think it is stupid to hold back technology in the White House. If the government can't secure a internet connection or fix an email server them I agree with with the people above me: we should replace the techs and start over.

guitarmofo1

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Upon reading the first article about the current administration using email I was actually excited, but weary of the security issues that would arouse. Data security is a never ending tennis game between hackers and patchers that is too volatile to handle such sensitive information. This article just confirmed my worries. If I was head of data security or the I.T. professional at the White House, I would start packing my things - you cannot have these types of issues and not have them resolved in a timely manner or not know the root of the problem. The email outage may not have been a consequence of a hacker, but it still stirs up questions on how safe sensitive data is...

P.S. This is not a politics forum. Everyone has their own opinion and it should be saved for a more appropriate setting.

-Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS