email sending problem

Bronwen

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Hello yesterday my email account changed it's image and although I am still receiving emails I have a problem sending them. They automatically go to the draft folder. When I try to resend the email from that folder a notice appears stating that I do not have permission to send this message. I tried to send to other people but still get the same results.

Solution
Could have been an upgrade.

Would not expect that the upgrade would send an email to the draft folder versus the outbox....

Do not have hotmail so I am unable to "test" or otherwise check the configuration settings that might be available.

Are you sure that the emails are being parked in the draft folder and not actually also being sent? Do you have to go into the draft folder "to send" from there to get the email sent?

What you can do is carefully go through the various settings and configurations looking for some box that is either checked or unchecked causing your emails to go into the draft folder instead of being sent. Look for "Save" related settings as well. You cannot hurt anything by just looking around. "Cancel" is...
Any known changes to your computer - new software, updates, another account added?

Do you have a computer admin person? Who manages your computer and network? Do you share a computer with someone else?

Not one to jump on the "it is a virus" bandwagon but the image change is of interest: what was the image and what did it change to?

At least run some AV and malware scans to eliminate some malicious event or hijacking.

Bronwen

Commendable
May 22, 2016

Bronwen

Commendable
May 22, 2016
My computer is just a home laptop for personal use. I am the only one who uses it. The hotmail account is the same but the change was in the way the format was displayed. Almost like an upgrade? Everything is normal in using the hotmail account except when sending emails.
I have googled for an answer but as I am not really a computer type, the answers seem to not make sense to me :( Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Could have been an upgrade.

Would not expect that the upgrade would send an email to the draft folder versus the outbox....

Do not have hotmail so I am unable to "test" or otherwise check the configuration settings that might be available.

Are you sure that the emails are being parked in the draft folder and not actually also being sent? Do you have to go into the draft folder "to send" from there to get the email sent?

What you can do is carefully go through the various settings and configurations looking for some box that is either checked or unchecked causing your emails to go into the draft folder instead of being sent. Look for "Save" related settings as well. You cannot hurt anything by just looking around. "Cancel" is your friend so if you think you may have changed something just cancel/close the window.

This link may help:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/accountsettings.htm

As you look at your system compare the applicable screenshots to what you see on your laptop. You do not need to change anything. Just get a sense of how the laptop's email is configured and what may be different from your expectations.

Solution