Status
Not open for further replies.

vsaini001

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
I had a lot of pictures saved on my sd card in my Galaxy S3. I had encrypted the sd card just to be safe. I had to restore my phone to a previous backup. This backup image was from Samsung's previous image of my phone. My phone, after I restored it, still had my wallpaper, all my apps, all my settings, and many other things. When I went to access files off my sd card, it said that the sd card was empty. I then took out the sd card and put it in my wife's Note 3 and it said that there was encrypted files on it. When I go back on my S3, it says that there is no encryption key. I am 100% sure that this backed up image was from after I encrypted all of my files... Is there any way to recover my files? Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Unless you had a backup of your encryption key elsewhere, your only option is to brute-force it.

The whole point of encryption is to prevent people without the key from accessing stuff. Unfortunately, that includes the legitimate owners/users as well.

InvalidError

Distinguished
Unless you had a backup of your encryption key elsewhere, your only option is to brute-force it.

The whole point of encryption is to prevent people without the key from accessing stuff. Unfortunately, that includes the legitimate owners/users as well.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Contact your wireless carrier or Samsung for help, otherwise there is nothing we can do.

Discussions on how to bypass security measures are not allowed on Tom's forums. We have no means to verify you are the legal owner of the device in question. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.