Enraged Starcraft Player Stabs Random Girl

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Not to mention wasting taxpayers' money if they lock him up. At 18 you should have a decent enough head on your shoulders to know not to f*cking stab people. I'd have more sympathy for someone like a Vietnam vet with PTSD, but this? Ridiculous.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Yep, this is an animal that needs to be put down. It isn't as though the world is short of people. If he, or willing others (i.e. not "taxpayers"), can't pay his way in an institution, better to pay for a single large caliber round than a lifetime of meds and/or institutional living.

beehew

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
What happened to the days when these people would just waste away and die from a 72 hour playing spree? They need to be taking themselves out of the gene pool, not others.

herniter

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Glad the girl is ok, but really this is just another shot at gaming.

I'm sure this happens every day with things like football, hockey, basketball, and just about every other hobby in the world. But since its about a game it makes the news... Nothing to see here

Next article: Enraged Football player beats girlfriend after losing a game. Ban on everything that can cause you to have hurt feelings.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
It would be fantastic if games before they actually loaded fully had a very small psych evaluation. *Which of these pictures is normal* LOL

G

Jack Thompson can eat a Richard. This guy obviously had other problems and no video game could drive a sane person to kill someone. The guy I bet also watched violent movies and ate ice cream. Should we ban that too? Drunks drivers kill people all the time. Why doesn't Jack go fight alcohol and get it banned? Because he is an idiot.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
"the gamer grew furious when his Internet connection was disconnected during a round of Starcraft. In a blind rage..."

now blizzard, ARE YOU SURE you want us to have to rely on internet to play Starcraft 2?? because this is exactly they type of thing that happens!....

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Maybe I am missing something and just getting the sarcasm if it is intended... You have people saying that the games, movies and music people enjoy are not to blame for acts of violence like this and then go on to voice opinions about kitchen knives to be banned! Are you just thick?
Since when has a knife ever jumped up off the table and stabbed someone? Or told you to do something you shouldn't have? Inanimate objects are not to blame, WE ARE! The global society who has developed this sytems of always blaming something or someone else for our own actions and also how our actions can influence others.
It is a combination of a multitude of failures within society that leads to acts like this. Parents don't take responsibilty or are unable to raise decent human beings, Governments have made so many stupid laws that discipline just doesn't exist, the entertainment industry continues to overwhelm us with immoral games, movies and music... and many other factors. Just because 'you' didn't do it, doesn't mean you have no responsibility for doing the right thing. Far too many people talk about the streets being unsafe and yet say nothing when they see trouble.
The bullsh*t we all have to deal with today is enough to drive anyone crazy...

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I have a great idea for a whole series of articles... Where would I get all this great material you ask? Well my plan is to go to any prison and interview all the inmates ask them what landed them in prison and if they ever played any video games (got like a 90% chance that yes they at some time played a video game) I can then write a bunch of articles blaming what ever video game they played for that kind of crime... I can see it now. "So you rape women ? hmmm ok yeah thats bad and you say you played Ms Pacman alot?"....

bachok83

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
So, okay.. let me get this straight.. he was furious at the 'internet disconnection' and went berserk...

Now StarCraft is to blame? Psychiatric ward wont do him any good as he expects bulletproof internet connection.. Send him to third world country with dial-up and he will learn not to expect anything better..

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
"player was charged with attempted manslaughter"... attempted?

This guy might just be one loose screw but the problem with the law is pretty black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.