Enraged Starcraft Player Stabs Random Girl

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I love how idiots blame the game. The game didn't do this to him. He was screwed up before it. Personally I blame him for using dial up, because serious Starcraft players know that cable broadband is the way to go :)

G

What ever happened to smashing your desk / wall / keyboard? And Jack is ridiculous, there is nothing wrong with video games, maybe games could be the trigger for these actions but the bottom line is, people like this are screwed up in the head to begin with, video games or not. But anything can trigger these things like somebody treating him bad or playing a prank on him or something.

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I don't see what you're missing. The fact he was playing a game caused him to go ballistic and stab the girl. I am not saying he has mental problems but starcraft/games did cause it.

nelson_nel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]dreamphantom_1977[/nom]Oh yeah, it's cuz of starcraft i'm sure. No, nothing to do with being CRAZY. Love how they just throw starcraft in there. Yeah, blame it all on video games that will solve everything.[/citation]

To be even more specific, it's not even technically Starcraft... It was the loss of his internet connection.

Still, never heard of anyone playing CnC and getting like this. haha

nelson_nel

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]gamerjames[/nom]I don't see what you're missing. The fact he was playing a game caused him to go ballistic and stab the girl. I am not saying he has mental problems but starcraft/games did cause it.[/citation]

How do you know that the gaming 'caused' it? That is what set him off this time but I am willing to bet that this is just the more recent in a string of episodes where he obviously exhibited a need for anger management.

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Our grade schools really need psychology/communications courses. Granted, the best way to learn how to be social and grow thicker skin is to be out there and have the world "bring it," some people (particularly those with anxiety problems, depression, and just general introverts) would rather avoid social situations that hurt them than to learn how to deal with them.

That person's inability to deal with discomfort caught up with them, and now is victimizing people for their inability to cope. This person can no longer be called a victim, since they decided that the best way to deal with their own problems is to become society's problem...

As for the title of the article...Kevin Parrish really needs to cut it out on the sensationalism...

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Okay, if my previous comment gets rated down, I deserve it, since the title of the article was changed before my previous comment...

danny69t

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
maybe he was angry on the ISP and thought "i want to stab those mot**r fu**ers... but i can not get a face 2 face meeting with them so i'll stab the first person i see on the street"

Status
Not open for further replies.