Solved! Entire House Audio System recommendations

mike3770

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
I have a two story house under remodel, a blank canvas as you will for configuring my entertainment system. I have what i need for my home theater, but would like recommendations for the rest of my home. All of us listen to different genre's of music, so it would be nice to configure different areas of my home with the ability to listen to different types of music. I am trying to make it super simple without "zones" but rooms. Here's what I'm considering and would like some input from the group. Spotify family plan (have this already) Amazon Fire 7 tablets with wall mounts, mini audio amplifiers (hard wired to Tablets and speakers - no bluetooth), hard wired in-wall / ceiling speakers.

Solution
What you describe would work.
You might use one of these for each room
https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-Multi-Room-Adapter-Android/dp/B01G2G62XY
It would allow you to not wall mount the tablets. It's more convenient to have them at where you sit and would save a lot of wiring too.
Mini amps are usually less powerful than the rating they show. Might be OK for small rooms or low levels but for better built in speakers might not play loud enough or sound very good.
If your budget allows for using Sono ConnectAmps or Heos Amps you would get better control, more sources more easily used and better amps than mini amps.
Could be expanded more easily too,
What you describe would work.
You might use one of these for each room
https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-Multi-Room-Adapter-Android/dp/B01G2G62XY
It would allow you to not wall mount the tablets. It's more convenient to have them at where you sit and would save a lot of wiring too.
Mini amps are usually less powerful than the rating they show. Might be OK for small rooms or low levels but for better built in speakers might not play loud enough or sound very good.
If your budget allows for using Sono ConnectAmps or Heos Amps you would get better control, more sources more easily used and better amps than mini amps.
Could be expanded more easily too,

Solution

mike3770

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks Audio Guru! I'm not concerned about amp's in the remote spaces, bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.... and I have my main entertainment room taken care of. I hadn't seen this solution and I like it, A LOT!