Equipment I Need For KRK Rokit 5 G3 Speakers

G

Hey there!

I plan on purchasing two KRK Rokit 5 G3 speakers in the near future, a link to the speakers will be below. My question revolves around what I will need to get these speakers up and running. Some examples would be a sub woofer, cables, anything I will need. If you need any info about my audio setup than I will gladly tell you anything you need to know.

KRK Rokit 5 G3 Speakers: http://www.krksys.com/krk-studio-monitor-speakers/rokit/rokit-5.html

Solution
Really, you would just need a 3.5mm male to 2xRCA jacks as they speakers are powered and have their own amps.

A sub is your choice if you want the extra bass or not. I would go with the KRK sub though as it's a good match for the speakers.

Now with that said, I would get a better soundcard than onboard to use with those speakers. The onboard will work, but doesn't really have the range/low S/N ratio, etc that those speakers deserve.

Are you using this for audio mixing or editing or just music listening? What would you be willing to spend on an audio card. What motherboard do you have?
Really, you would just need a 3.5mm male to 2xRCA jacks as they speakers are powered and have their own amps.

A sub is your choice if you want the extra bass or not. I would go with the KRK sub though as it's a good match for the speakers.

Now with that said, I would get a better soundcard than onboard to use with those speakers. The onboard will work, but doesn't really have the range/low S/N ratio, etc that those speakers deserve.

Are you using this for audio mixing or editing or just music listening? What would you be willing to spend on an audio card. What motherboard do you have?

Solution
G

Hey, thanks for the help!

I would like the extra bass so can you recommend me a KRK sub woofer? I would use these speakers for gaming but mostly listening to music and some light producing of songs. If you don't think the onboard audio of my motherboard is enough I'd much prefer to go with a sound card like you said, I'd spend maybe $50-$100 on one.

G

Alright man thanks a lot, I looked at the sub woofers and the cheapest one was $400. Is that worth it? It's $100 more than my speakers

G

Okay, just took a look at some sound cards and it seems like the good ones are north of $150

G

do you have a recommended sound card?