Erase VHS tape

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Covering those holes has enabled that to happen and, yes, it means it can now record, and probably already is. When the holes were exposed, those two buttons could not have been depressed together. It was a cunning way of preventing accidental recording over the original music.

@The Paladin - it may interest you to know that I bought a laptop in 1989 and it has very little internal memory. Anything over a two page letter had to be stored externally and that was on cassette tapes so a lot of mine which had been superceded by 8 track...
@ Saga, I was not poking fun at the thread but enjoying it, yes I know all about the record industries reel to reel machines, 8 tracks players in my gremlin, and 8 tracks editor machine in my lab, I go back as far as 33/45 vinyl myself. but I have listens to cylinders my grand mother used to collect and listen to, but sold to someone that really wanted to collect them when I inherited them later. though my Elder, ( pushing 51 myself ) , I have seen the emergence of security cards from the 4 track cassette tapes, (the mag on back of bank cards are just originally glue on 4 track magnetic ribbon.) so not that is audio related remained so... :) as for technology, I was imagining where it was going since 1979 ... some disappointments, some astonishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS