Erase VHS tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Covering those holes has enabled that to happen and, yes, it means it can now record, and probably already is. When the holes were exposed, those two buttons could not have been depressed together. It was a cunning way of preventing accidental recording over the original music.

@The Paladin - it may interest you to know that I bought a laptop in 1989 and it has very little internal memory. Anything over a two page letter had to be stored externally and that was on cassette tapes so a lot of mine which had been superceded by 8 track...

samer.forums

Prominent
BANNED
Sep 30, 2017

the answer is no. there is no Audio cassette recorder with Video input to begin with.

Edited

My apologies; I did misunderstand you. I took it as you wanted to rescue at least the sound from your VHS videos. You might be able to record the sound of a TV programme on to a cassette but I've never tried it. The recorder would have to have white, red and yellow sockets to match those on the TV, I think.

Cassettes are as outdated as VHS, although I did buy a USB cassette player for my wife last year and she listens to her old recordings on her laptop. That might give you some clues but it would be audio only.

samer-forums has also misunderstood you and might wish to edit or remove his latest post. There is no Spam in this thread, not even hidden in BBCode.

Status
Not open for further replies.