Eric Schmidt Takes His Nexus S to Web Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
If its the older tech like they say it might get swallowed by the sheer wave of droids and Galaxies. Other handset makers are churning out tons of phones, might be hard to stand out.

A faster processor would go a long way to make itself distinct.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
The hardware of the Nexus S will need to be more than a Galaxy rehash, if they want it to sell. I mean if it doesn't feature better hardware, there isn't much to differentiate it frrom the Nexus One. A front facing camera, onboard GPU chip, and 0.3" more screen just isn't a big enough upgrade to justify purchase.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Nexus S = Nexus Samsung = Nexus SH*T.
I ain't buying anything ever again from Samsung.
I have only bad experiences with Samsung and Google gave the project to Samsung.
HTC, Sony Ercisson or Motorola would be a lot better.

nutriment6464

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
motorola sucks, no way I'm gonna buy a blocked phone, sony ericsson can't even keep up with 2.1, wtf 1.6??? HTC is ok, and so is samsung as well.

G

Pretty clearly says T-Mobile for the carrier name at the top. A have an HTC HD2 with Froyo installed, and absolutely love the 4.3" screen. I think a 4.5" screen might actually have some tangible benefits, at least to a screen whore like me. Coupled with facetime chat and AMOLED screen, I think the Nexus S could be a good upgrade phone for anyone who doesnt already have the latest and greatest. Then again, the real benefits are probably in Gingerbread, and once I have that installed I probably wont care about anything else.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Bleh. The Nexus One set a benchmark for phones and hand a very fast processor and more RAM than most smartphones back when it was released. It makes no sense to release a Nexus successor that doesn't raise the bar for other Andorid phones, that was the whole point of the Nexus One.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Bleh. The Nexus One set a benchmark for phones and hand a very fast processor and more RAM than most smartphones back when it was released. It makes no sense to release a Nexus successor that doesn't raise the bar for other Andorid phones, that was the whole point of the Nexus One.

Status
Not open for further replies.