Question External HDD on docking station can read fine, but when writing it plummets to 0B/s after 2 or 3 seconds.

Mar 4, 2021
Hey everyone, I've got a problem here.
I have a 3TB Seagate (ST3000DM001) connected to a docking station on my Dell Inspiron 7472.
I got the drive transported from Brazil to here in Japan (carefully, by a trusted person) to access some data that I couldn't send online because of internet speed limitations.
I got all the files I wanted copied from this 3TB Seagate drive to another 6TB drive that I had here.
Now I wanted to backup some of the files from that 6TB drive on the 3TB one, but the problem appears here.
When I try writing any files to the 3TB drive, it starts writing fine, but after 1 sec (around 50 to 100MB) it suddenly plummets and stops writing.
The writing graph is still on screen and responds actively, but the writing stops.
When I click on cancel, it takes some time to stop and usually I cant access the drive until it crashes together with Windows Explorer and it restarts the Explorer.
I really don't know what's going on, can someone help me?
I just want to have a secondary backup for some files I've got here...

Mar 4, 2021
I did test the drive with SeaTools, it runs everything fine, but I'm a bit overwhelmed and don't know properly what tests I should run

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
Yaya123123 Laptop Tech Support 4
rea1608 Laptop Tech Support 7
G Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 3
Milknees Laptop Tech Support 0
Mathias Aivasovsky Laptop Tech Support 1
dext0 Laptop Tech Support 0