Error code 0x80070057

jleeNchunky

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
When I hook my android phone to my computer it pops up this code saying device driver couldnt install or something, then when I try to troubleshoot, it says it can't complete & gives me that error code. Why? Is something wrong in my phone??

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I don't think it's the phone. Try this and we can go from there.

Download and install the Android SDK from here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Following that, open the SDK manager and install the following packages:
Tools > Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-Tools
Extras folder > Google USB Driver, Android Support Library

Now turn on your phone and go to settings > applications > development > enable USB debugging.

Next, connect your phone and wait for the message to pop up. Close it, and open the device manager by clicking start and typing "device manager."

In the device manager, go to ADB interface, and your phone should be listed there. Right click it and select uninstall, then follow the prompts. Still in the device manager, go to disc drives - your phone should also be listed here. Again, right click and uninstall it.

Once done, right click the usb icon on your taskbar and select to safely eject the phone. Now reboot both your computer and phone.

Next time you plug in your phone, the PC should re-install it using the Google Driver from the SDK. It shouldn't give you the error anymore.

jleeNchunky

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013

OK thank you so much! I am at work stuck with no wifi, but as soon as im on break I will be downloading!! Then i will post my progress, thx again.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Sounds good. Also, what kind of phone is it exactly? The Google driver is a general purpose driver made to work with as many phones as possible, but in some cases you need the driver from the manufacturer in order to have it function properly. If the Google driver doesn't work, you'll need to track down the appropriate drivers from the manufacturer and install the one intended solely for your device.